The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Tire recommendations

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3586 by afish
Tire recommendations was created by afish
I have a 1977 R100/7
Does anyone have tire recommendations for general street riding

Thank You,
Anthony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #3589 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Tire recommendations
The best buy on a good tire is generally considered the Bridgestone S11 "Spitfire". You can buy a set online with free delivery for ~$180. 100/90-19 front and 120/90-18 rear. These tires do everything well and will take you 8 to 10,000 miles.

For ever so slightly more $ there are several German tires, but I don't know what they are. Others will chime in with that info.

It's generally agreed to stay away from the brand Shenko. Lots of reports of internal tire issues affecting balance and steering.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Wobbly.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3591 by 8244
Replied by 8244 on topic Tire recommendations
Oh no, another tire thread!

Tire choice is a very opinionated subject. In my case, after decades of riding with many different brands over hundreds of thousands of miles, Metzler Lasertec is my tire of choice. Got three sets of them on bikes in the garage at the moment! Additionally, I do not like how over sized tires make a bike handle, either. There are less costly options, to be sure, but I won't cut corners on the 2-3 square inches that my life depends on. Again, personal preference.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3592 by jnicks01
Replied by jnicks01 on topic Tire recommendations
I like my Dunlop K70s in the stock R80/7 sizes running tubes. I do NOT ride aggressively, scrape my bars in leans, and stay out of rain as much as possible. They seem pretty stable just cruising around and got a good tread on them for when i hit some country rock roads. They look pretty good too!!

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3593 by afish
Replied by afish on topic Tire recommendations
The bike has Metzlers on them now and I wanted to try something different so through other recommendations I ordered a set of Michelin pilot Acitv.
Thanks for all the help

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3594 by 632
Replied by 632 on topic Tire recommendations
For the record, slamming Shinko tires as poor quality Chinese is an error. Shinko tires are made in Korea. A blanket condemnation of them on the basis of poor quality is not justified, based on the 6 sets I've bought.

Moderators: Wobbly
Time to create page: 0.712 seconds