The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'
× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Topic-icon AirMarshal Support

More
1 year 8 months ago #1776 by 8893
AirMarshal Support was created by 8893
Is anything done to support AirMarshals?

I dearly love our AirMarshal, and he's a wizard when it comes to working on these bikes.

He's NOT computer saavy (nor am I). As you've made quantum leaps (seemingly) with your website, are you assisting the local AirMarshals with their usage of the site to communicate?

I just noticed the our Campout sched'd for late March - which SHOULD have appeal beyond our area - isn't on the WhAir & When Calendar

Great work with the site! Very nice job guiding us as to where and how to use it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1788 by 8166
Replied by 8166 on topic AirMarshal Support
It seems that we've already replied to your direct email to us regarding this topic.

Briefly, the web site currently hosts state specific forum areas at the request of the Airmarshal for that state. We've also sent email blasts out to all the Airmarshals on several occasions informing them of the WhAIR and When calendar (and how to enter events into it), the Airmarshal specific Forums, and even offering to set up some kind of voting mechanism to aid in future elections. Alas, like the proverbial horse to water, you just can't make the average Airmarshal take advantage of modern Internet technology. That shouldn't come as a surprise, though, considering that all of them ride motorcycles that predate the Internet.

If you find that your particular Airmarshal isn't taking as much advantage as perhaps they could, and you are somewhat computer literate, you could offer to help him with the capabilities we've already put in place. An hour or so shoulder-to-shoulder could get him up to speed, or perhaps we could set you up as his proxy to man the keyboards for him.

Let us know if there's anything else that might help. We're always open to new ideas.

8166 Scot Marburger, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Check out the Yankee Hill AirTech Weekend, April 20-21, 2019

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: 14652
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds