The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Casper Wyoming 1983 R80RT Needs more help. See Youtube Franklin Scharppslicer

• Swordofwords
  • Swordofwords's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
1 week 3 days ago #3964 by Swordofwords
After replacing the battery, per Cutter, at Rubber Chicken. The machine turns over, idles, but whrn in gear dogs, or lugs, and has no ower other than a minor nudge, then stalls.
I did the valves, carbs, yet it has no power other than an idle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #3965 by Wobbly
That engine is running on 1 cylinder. You can plainly hear it.

Replace the plugs, plug caps (5K Ohm NGK) and plug wires (metal core only). Cost you about $20 total.

You probably fouled a plug trying to crank it on old ethanol gas. And thanks for the video !

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Wobbly.

More
1 week 2 days ago #3971 by dcb_wvu
I would start with what Wobbly said. While in there, see if there is fuel in that cylinder. This would point to the carb as well, but I would put money on the plug and wires and since the other cylinder sounds fine. The correct wires and plugs are critical so order them as instructed above. I just got a flyer from EME and they have everything in stock but sounds like you got a local source too. Good luck, and by the way, she is a beaut!

Courtney

• Swordofwords
  • Swordofwords's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
5 days 14 hours ago #3980 by Swordofwords

More
5 days 8 hours ago #3983 by 1872
You did set the valves correctly on the compression stroke-right? Set one side rotate 360 and set the other.

Bob

Moderators: 8166Wobbly
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds