Airhead Project bike complete. Not a rusty crusty barn find. This was a well maintained cycle that was scavenged for an electrical problem and never reassembled. It has /7 frame with S bodywork + /6 electrics 5-sp transmission and 3.0 final drive + /5 750cc engine ignition and carbs. Needs reassembly, using airhead mechanical know-how.
The Components -
• Wheels- wire spoke EOM /7 rims with ME33front and ME55 rear Metzlers. Wheel bearings are regularly serviced.
• Front suspension- OEM dual disc ATE forks from /6-/7 vintage with SS lines. Fork springs and tubes have been regularly serviced including seals. Straight with no stiction, no leaks.
• Rear suspension – Marzocci external reservoir shocks, well used. With SJBMW reinforced swingarm.
• Frame- 1977 R80/7 in grey powdercoat. Bearings have been regularly serviced.
• Instruments and controls - /6 cockpit including white face speedo + tach. Both are cable driven. New bulbs needed in instruments. R90S sport handlebars.
• Transmission- early /6 vintage 5 speed with kickstart, Rebuilt by previous owner. Gear oil is regularly serviced.
• Final drive-/6 vintage with 33/11 gears. Gear oil is regularly serviced. Average spline wear.
• Exhaust – OEM 38mm headers with new cross pipe and MCM mufflers. They sound great are solid no internal rust, but have flaking surface chrome peel.
• Body work – /7 vintage “S’ in Avus black with blue pinstripe: Tank, 2 fenders, 2 battery covers. Comes with S metal seat cowl in primer with grab rail and dual S saddle.
• Top end – dual plug heads from /5 or /6. Bing carbs are 32mm disassembled. With /7 valve covers.
• Bottom end – R75/5 with stock flywheel. With deep oil pan. Starter and clutch are known to be working.
• Electrics- OEM points ignition and coils. With /6 ‘big battery’ tray, lights, and switchgear.
• Valid CA title (currently non-op) with CA vintage blue-yellow license plate
What this Mutt needs
• Wire harness needs replacement, and comes with R90/6 harness to i