See all ads from 4937
$ 5 200.00
DescriptionPrice reduced to $5200. Will consider a reasonable offer, especially if you have a 750 cc /5 or /6 motor (with title) to include as part of the payment. 1974 BMW R100S? BMW did not make a R100S in 1974. This is a combination of bikes, read on:
- frame is a 1974 R90, stripped & painted
- bodywork painted, with /7 seat cowl & Corbin seat, R100CS fairing
- motor is from a 1981 R100S with lightened flywheel, dual plugged heads, Mikuni carbs, electronic ignition, was rebuilt about 10k miles ago. Deep oil pan with cooler & temp gauge
- San Jose upper clamp, fork brace, and swing arm
- dual ATE 40mm rebuilt calipers w/new pistons, hard lines, & braided brake lines, rebuilt under tank master cylinder
- new tapered steering bearings, wheel & swing arm bearings flushed & repacked, new seals
- 1976 switch gear & perches
- 80's era Speedo & tach, to accommodate electronic tach,
- adapted wiring to match components, wiring change notes included
Bike is well put together and runs strong.
While the exhaust system is solid, there are stains on the mufflers. Wheels also have the patina that comes with 44 years of age (front wheel looks stock, rear wheel is a high lip mode). Likewise the seat has two small nicks. Clutch lever perch missing mirror mount web. Some new nicks in the paint on the rear fender & seat cowl, where the seat flips up. Seat lock & fork lock do not function. No tool kit.
I have put about 800 miles on the bike since completing it this past April.
Call if you have any questions or would like additional pictures of a particular part.